Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cheesy Potato Soup

1/2 c. carrots, chopped
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery. chopped (I left this out)
3 c. potatoes, diced
1 t. parsley
1 c. water
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 chicken bouillon cube (I left this out too)
2 T. flour
1-1/2 c. milk
1/2 lb. processed cheese(I used mild cheddar, and grated it)

Combine first 9 ingredients and simmer until vegetables are done. Blend together flour and milk in a separate bowl. Add to the vegetables, stirring constantly, until soup thickens. When soup is thickened, add processed cheese. Stir until all is melted.

*Okay this turned out SO so good, and SUPER easy! I can't wait for lunch time so I can eat the leftovers :)

oh and sorry no picture... I was too hungry.

2 comments:

  1. haha sorry mom!!! I was too scared i would mess yours up without EXACT measurements... so i found this recipe in that cook book you gave me for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete