Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coconut Shrimp

Coconut Shrimp

Oh my gosh. I don’t even like shrimp, and I ate so many of these my stomach hurt. SO YUMMY.




Ingredients:

- 1 egg
- ½ cup flour
- 2/3 cup beer (my neighbor got a kick out of me asking to borrow some beer)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 24 shrimp
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 cups oil (I used olive oil)

1. In medium bowl combine egg, ½ cup flour, beer & baking soda.

2. Place ¼ cup flour and coconut in two separate bowls

3. Hold shrimp by the tail and dredge in flour. Shake off excess. Then dip in egg/beer mixture and allow to drip. Next roll in coconut and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper. (I used tinfoil) Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes. * don’t skip this step, that’s how the coconut stays on the shrimp when added to oil.

4. Fry shrimp in batches & dry on paper towels. I did like 6 at a time and used tongs to get them in and out of the oil. Also something I did was use a strainer spoon to get the coconut that was staying in the pan and starting to burn. After each batch I’d scoop it out.

I served it with a mustard mixture, I kind of just threw stuff together that was in my fridge, but it was really yummy with it.

Dipping Sauce:

Mix equal parts mustard and miracle whip. Then add like a tablespoon of apricot pineapple jelly.

Yep told ya it was random.

No comments:

Post a Comment