Thursday, October 6, 2011

Teriyaki Stir Fry

I am so sad I didn't take a picture of this dinner. It was so pretty!

It was really easy and SO yum. Probably one of my favorite dinners lately, and I didn't even use a recipe!

My inspiration was these pineapple teriyaki meatballs we got at costco a few weeks ago. The first package we ate with umm nothing because I was lazy and all I had to do was pop them in the oven for a few minutes. But last night I decided they would be good with veggies. So here is the stir fry "recipe" I used. 

1 Japanese eggplant (the long skinny kind)
1 medium carrot
1 small-medium head of broccoli
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4 purple onion
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
teriyaki sauce
cooked rice

Chop up all your veggies into bite size pieces. Heat some oil in a large skillet then add the onions. After the onions have started to cook, add veggies in order of cooking time, you don't want anything over done! Once the vegetable are pretty much done, add however much teriyaki sauce you prefer. Stir around and make sure it coats all the veggies. 

Thats it! Super easy and way better than dumping the frozen ones in a pan (which is what I usually do). Serve the vegetables over rice! I cooked up some of the yummy costco meatballs and put them on top of everything. It was really really good. 

You can add whatever meat or other vegetables you are feelin!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment