Tuesday, July 13, 2010

orange chicken

Yesterday I found a bag of orange chicken in the freezer. While the chicken baked, I made the sauce a little better. It came with some sauce stuff, but it was overly sweet and basically gross. So I added about a quarter cup of OJ concentrate and a little bit of Mr. Yoshida's sauce (you can get it at costco and it'll last forever) and some garlic salt and red pepper flakes. I let it all cook together, then mixed the chicken into it and served it over noodles. Quick, easy and good!
Right now I have some chicken, rice and veggie stuff in the crock pot for tonight's dinner, and I'll let you know how that turns out.

CP

1 comment:

  1. so, the chicken in the crock pot turned out NASTY. lesson learned: don't put too much oregano.

    CP

    ReplyDelete