Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crescent Dogs




I saw this recipe on the Pillsbury Crescent package and gave it a try last night:


INGREDIENTS
8hot dogs
4slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese, each cut into 6 strips
1can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
DIRECTIONS
1.Heat oven to 375°F. Slit hot dogs to within 1/2 inch of ends; insert 3 strips of cheese into each slit.
2.Separate dough into triangles. Wrap dough triangle around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, cheese side up.
3.Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

We didn't have any american cheese, so we tried swiss in some and a shredded mix in the others. They were good, but we decided they would be better with no cheese. I would try some with and some without so you can decide!

CC


4 comments:

  1. yum! try it next time with cheese dogs and call them courtney crescents! did you know you can make these on a campfire too? just wrap the crescent roll around the cheese/hotdog on the stick gently, and cook it slowly over the coals.

    is it nice to have a kitchen where you don't sit on your bed to cook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we actually made some over a fire the other day! but without the hot dog! haha and YES I love have a real kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh I NEED these. Will you make them for me when I come out there? :)

    ReplyDelete